Saturday, May 19, 2007

George and the sorrow tree Part II

The eternal sorrow tree has grown a few new branches which is funny because spring is over and it technically shouldnt, but then i realise its mine to live with and bear throughout my life so I inadevertently do with it whatever I want to. That,somehow,didn't come out the way i had envisioned it to... anyhow let me introduce George to you...

George O' Malley lives in Seattle, is an intern at the Seattle Grace Hospital. He is hopelessly and adorably in love with Meredith Grey. While these characters maybe fictitious, they are around me whichever way I look. So what is so special about George O'Malley? Apart from the fact that he is Irish, which sort of gives him the right to have just the deepest, bluest and most forgiving eyes in the world. While to most people he is not good looking, but the loser who takes everyone's shit, to me he adds a dimension which was previously unexplored by me----Depression

Surprised by the choice of vocabulary...well if you knew me well enough you would know... you would know how much it hurts to know I can never have him and that he exists only on ABC and Star World and that he exists for only one day in a week and that he exists only as a creation of Shonda Rhimes and some women like me... and what adds further to the ever evolving sorrow tree is the fact that he is essayed by someone who is gay in his real life...

Whereas my obsession with George extends as far as his character goes( or where i imagine it goes) the very fact that in real life he is not heterosexual just adds to my list of miseries. But then George being who he is makes my life better. Icy bitch Meredith Grey is a thing of the past now and now he has proved how truly magnanimous he is by going out with an overweight woman.. just gives us unfit women a tiny ray of hope and a tiny bit of chance of ever landing up with a guy as perfect as that... and as for Christina and her problems with George..well she handled them pretty well didnt she and yet at the end of it all you still fell in love with George all over again.....

Some people just have a way of doing that.